Your experience on this site will be improved by allowing cookies.
Last Updated 17th January 2023
- All Levels
The roof is, beyond question, the most integral element of every build...
Introduction to roofing Courses
The roof is, beyond question, the most integral element of every building. This covering makes a building a home and oﬀers to..
What you will learn
- Know the diﬀerent functions and fundamental requirements of a roof.
- Understand the diﬀerent rooﬁng systems (steep-slope/ low-slope roofs).
- Diﬀerentiate between the diﬀerent types of roofs and rooﬁng systems.
- Describe the basic roof shapes.
- Identify various roof coverings and trusses.
- Know how to take rooﬁng measurements.
- Read, understand, and interpret drawings and speciﬁcations.
- Estimate quantities of materials.
- Know how to select rooﬁng systems based on building design, function, position, and location.
- Know the environmental consideration when specifying rooﬁng systems.
- Know how to specify rooﬁng systems and incorporate building details and other related requirements into working drawings...